Call Us Enquire



I have a Serious Emergency, who do I call?


If you have a life threatening situation please call “000” immediately.


If you have storm damage, like a serious leaking roof or flooding, please call the SES on 132 500, you can also log an incident online to them at or download their app from Google Play or the Apple Store.



I have an Electrical Emergency?


During office hours please call us as soon as possible and we will arrange immediate assistance for you.


Outside office hours please call Kerry Crowley – 0466 450 205



I have a Plumbing Emergency?


During office hours please call us as soon as possible and we will arrange immediate assistance for you.


Outside office hours please call Nick Parker – 0433 553 605



What is considered an urgent repair?

  • Burst hot water service
  • Blocked or broken toilet
  • Serious roof leak
  • Gas leak
  • Dangerous electrical fault
  • Flooding or serious flood damage
  • Serious storm or fire damage
  • Failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by your landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating or laundering
  • Failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
  • Any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
  • Burst Pipe
  • A serious fault in a lift or staircase 


I have No Hot Water?


For an electric system - please check the fuse box, usually the hot water system has its own fuse switch.


If it is off, switch it on, if it flicks off again straight way this will indicate an issue -


During office hours please call 07 3491 2000, or for afterhours please call Kerry Crowley Electrical on 0466 450 205 and we will be able to advise you further.


For a gas hot water system, check the pilot light – if it has gone out, there should be instructions to re-light it.


If it still does not light then during office hours please call 07 3491 2000, or for afterhours please call Nick Parker – 0433 553 605 and we will be able to advise you further.



My Hot Water is only lukewarm?


If you have an electric type hot water system then you will need to top it up every 3 months or so.


Please have a look at your system, there will be an overflow valve – usually on the side near the top, but could also be running away from the system through a wall to outside.


Be aware that when the system is full, water will shoot out of here so make sure not to stand in front of it, as it may be hot.


Locate the top up valve – usually located on the top of the system on the inlet pipe.


You should be able to follow the in going water pipe to the system. It will be lying flat against the pipe and you need to lift it up at a 90 degree angle.


You will be able to hear the water as it goes in and starts filling the tank.


When water comes out the overflow pipe it is full and you can close the top up valve.


If it took a long time for the tank to fill then it will also take some time for it to heat up again – up to 4 hours or more. Some hot water systems will only heat up overnight so please check the temperature of the hot water again in the morning and call the office if this has not helped.



I have accidently broken a window?


Broken windows are usually the tenant’s responsibility.


We use and recommend All Ways Glass - 0418 785 550.


If you were broken into, you need to report this to the Police and get a Police Incident Number for our records and so the damage can be repaired through our insurance.


If it was storm damage please call the office and let us know as soon as possible.



I have locked myself out?


You are welcome to borrow the office set of keys, during office hours.


If you have locked yourself out after hours or on the weekend you will need to call a locksmith.


We use and recommend Peninsula Lock and Key Locksmiths – 3284 3928



What happens if I get behind in my rent?


Whilst we understand that there are sometimes unforeseen circumstances that can result in your rent not being paid on time, it is imperative that you advise us in writing as soon as you are made aware that this is going to occur.


It is important that all of our tenants are aware of the process involved for rent arrears.


If a conversation has taken place and we are aware of the circumstances, please don’t take it personally when the following procedure still occurs.


We have a duty of care to our Landlords and their insurance company, to document all arrears or breaches.


This is to be taken seriously.


You will find that most people don’t mind working together to solve a short term issue if you keep the communication constant.


1-3 Days In Arrears

Tenant will be contacted via SMS and/or email and we will attempt contact by phone if we do not receive a response.


It is highly advisable that you contact the office upon receipt of the first SMS or email.


This will ensure that if there are any issues with either financial institution, it can be rectified as quickly as possible with a copy of your receipt of payment.


8 Days in Arrears

Tenant will be issued a breach notice with seven (7) days to remedy.


17 Days in Arrears

Tenant will be issued with a Notice to Leave providing seven (7) days’ notice to vacate.


Tenants will be expected to have vacated the property by the expiry date.


If there are monies owed in excess of the rental bond, the tenants whose names appear on the Tenancy Agreement will be listed on TICA and the funds will be pursued through QCAT.


This is not something we enjoy doing, so should anything untoward happen, proactive communication and payment arrangements will be paramount.



I have noticed MOULD starting to grow, whose responsibility is it to clean?


If mould appears in your rental premises, defining who is responsible is dependent on when and how the mould developed.


For example, if the mould developed due to a tenant’s negligence, such as never opening the bathroom window when showering, it may become your responsibility to have it removed.


It is the responsibility of the tenant to notify the Property Manager (in writing) as soon as they discover the mould. To prevent mould, please take the following preventative measures:

  • Use the exhaust fan when using the shower or laundry (especially the dryer)
  • Allow plenty of sunlight to enter the property where possible
  • Allow clothes to completely dry outside before putting them away
  • If condensation builds on the walls or ceiling, please dry the area thoroughly
  • Ensure you allow adequate ventilation throughout the property by opening a door or window (weather permitting)
  • Leave internal doors open to allow for circulation. This is especially necessary when using a clothes dryer in an enclosed laundry



I need to break my lease, what do I do?


In order to break your lease, you will need to advise your Property Manager (in writing) of the circumstances and reasons for your decision.


You will also be responsible for the following:

  • Paying the break lease fee, including any marketing costs to find a new tenant
  • Paying rent until another tenancy commences.
  • Specifying a vacate date using the required Form 13, Notice of Intention to Leave


I need to move, but my flat mate wants to stay? (Change of Shared Tenancy)


If there is a change to the number of people residing in the property, there are a number of steps you will need to follow:

  • You must notify our office of the change in circumstances in writing
  • You will be invoiced a fee for us to process the change of shared tenancy forms for the amount of $120.00 + GST
  • Application forms must be submitted for any new occupants which will be sent to the owner for approval. Once approval has been granted and the fee has been paid, we can complete the relevant change of shared bond/lease forms.

Please note: This is only applicable if one of the original lease holders remains in the property.


If no original lease holder intends to remain in the property, it is considered to be a break lease.



I am moving out, what happens now? (Vacating the Property)


If you do not wish to continue the tenancy after the lease end date, you are required to provide us with as much notice as possible (or a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice) in writing prior to the lease end date.


This must be done by completing a Form 13, Notice to Leave, with the correct dates provided.


Once we have received your Notice of Intention to Vacate (Form 13) we will send you a vacate pack including a cleaning list and contact details of recommended cleaners local to your area.



How do I get my bond back?


The following points will assist you in having your bond refunded in the shortest possible time frame:

  • Ensure all rent is paid up to and including date of vacate
  • Ensure all keys are returned to our office
  • Ensure the property is cleaned and returned to the same condition as it was before you moved in (refer to Entry Condition Report and complete the Exit Condition Report)
  • Ensure the carpets have been professionally cleaned
  • Return the keys and ensure they are signed back into the office along with the signed Exit Condition Report upon vacation, with the professional carpet cleaning receipt attached


It is important that the property is cleaned and ready for the vacate inspection when the keys are returned or rent will continue to be charged until this requirement has been met.


Be available and ready to return for anything you may have missed in the rush of moving house (which does nearly always happen!).


You will be given as much time as possible, but please remember there maybe tenants ready to move in and extra time is not always available.


It is important to provide your forwarding address, any updated contact details and your bank account details so we can quickly process your bond.


A forwarding address and bank account details are now considered to be compulsory by the RTA.


This is to ensure that the RTA can always contact you for future reference in regards to releasing funds into your accounts.